Please note that the fastest way to receive your results and access to all of your documents is by registering for our patient portal, MyEsperanza. Continue reading for more information about our COVID-19 testing services.
Can I get a COVID-19 test at Esperanza?
Yes, Esperanza offers drive-thru testing to any person who wants one, regardless of whether you have symptoms or not. Tests are offered Monday through Wednesday, and Friday through Saturday (no testing on Thursdays and Sundays) from 8am to 3:50pm at this location:
Esperanza Brighton Park: 4700 S. California Ave.
To review symptoms of COVID-19, please visit our page on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID19).
Do I need an appointment to get a COVID-19 test?
Although it is highly preferred you make an appointment, walk-ups may be accommodated. Please call us at (773) 584-6200 to schedule your appointment. We will try to accommodate you as quickly as possible.
What is the cost of a COVID-19 test?
There is no cost for uninsured patients or for insured patients who are in-network with an Esperanza provider. If you receive a bill, please contact us immediately so we can appeal or waive the charge.
Patients who are out-of-network may still get a test at Esperanza, but they may receive a bill for these services. Your insurance company will be able to tell you if Esperanza is in your network.
Remember: Any person in financial hardship can call our billing department to request assistance.
Do I need a doctor's referral to get a COVID-19 test?
No referral is needed.
Do I need to bring any documents with me for a test?
Patients should bring their photo ID (driver's license, state ID, City ID) and insurance card, if they have one. You will be told what to bring at the time you make your appointment.
What is the COVID-19 test like?
Esperanza performs a Polymerise Chain Reaction (PCR) test which detects genetic material of the virus in your body. When you call to make an appointment, you'll be asked some basic screening questions to make sure that testing is appropriate. We prefer patients to drive to the site and remain in their cars while we perform an assessment and complete the test. If you walked to the clinic or took public transportation, we ask that you not enter the clinic, but wait outside the testing facility and observe social distancing until it is your turn.
What happens after my COVID-19 test?
While you wait for results
• Please continue to stay indoors and isolate yourself from others to minimize the risk of getting other people sick, even if you are not experiencing symptoms. Esperanza will call you with your results in 4-6 days.
• The fastest way to receive your results and access to all of your documents is by registering for our patient portal, MyEsperanza.
If you are negative
• We ask that you continue practicing social distancing, frequent hand-washing, wearing a mask when you are outside of your home, and other measures to prevent future infection.
If you are positive
• We will give you more information on how to manage your illness, monitor your symptoms, and protect your loved ones.
• If you need to speak with one of our providers, call (773) 584-6200.
• If you are experiencing a health emergency, you should contact 9-1-1 immediately.
If your employer requires a follow-up test
• We will offer it at no cost.
• Please note you may still test positive, even if you are not experiencing symptoms. However, you are no longer contagious. This is a fairly common occurrence and the nature of the virus.
• If you still test positive, we cannot clear you to return to work.
If you need to speak with someone about COVID-19 in English or Spanish, please call us at (773) 584-6200. Our phone lines are available 24/7.
Let us know what you think of Esperanza! If you can spare just a few seconds to leave us a review on our Facebook page, we would greatly appreciate it.