Esperanza Health Centers' Advanced Practice Provider Postgraduate Primary Care Fellowship is a full-time, 12-month salaried position with a one-year employment commitment after completion of the program. The program includes precepted primary care sessions, specialty rotations, mentored independent clinics, interprofessional didactic sessions with physician residents, and a quality improvement project. Our goal is to train motivated Advanced Practice Providers to deliver high quality, team-based care in the clinically and socially complex setting of community health centers.
The program has 4 pillars: precepted clinic, mentored clinic, specialty rotations, and didactics.
- Precepted clinic is 2 days each week where the fellows develop their panel of patients under the guidance of an expert primary care provider.
- Mentored clinic is where fellows see patients in tandem with an expert primary provider to get 1-on-1 mentorship while seeing acute and chronic visits.
- Didactics are weekly sessions with Rush-Esperanza Family Medicine Residents covering the breadth of complex clinical challenges encountered in FQHCs.
- Specialty rotations vary from month to month and may include: pediatrics, orthopedics, geriatrics, obstetrics, gynecology, and midwifery, HIV care, medication assisted treatment, and behavioral health.
- Increase access to high quality primary care for urban underserved communities by training Advanced Practice providers in a Federally Qualified Health Center-based fellowship
- Increase the number of Advanced Practice providers ready to serve as leaders in community health settings,
- improve clinical skills, confidence, productivity, and job satisfaction of new Advanced Practice providers
- Improve the integration of behavioral and maternal health into primary care by training new advanced practice providers to maximize interprofessional team-based care
- We are one of the best FQHCs in the country and top 2 in Illinois. Learn from primary care masters.
- Esperanza is committed to elevating Advanced Practice Providers at each stage of their development through leadership and learning opportunities.
- Partner with Rush-Esperanza Family Medicine Residents to deliver team based care in a genuinely collaborative environment.
- Live in an amazing, diverse, vibrant city with amazing food and entertainment.
- Receive fellowship salary, benefits, continuing medical education allowance and paid time-off.
How to apply
- Applications for 2023-2024 are now closed. Applications for the 2024-2025 Fellowship year will be open early 2024.
- Sign up below to receive updates!
- Email us at email@example.com with questions
- Please check back here for more updates.
About Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
A key component of our training program is to reduce health inequities and to provide culturally responsive care to a primarily Latinx patient population. A major piece of this plan is to prioritize training Advanced Practice Providers whose background and demographics match the patient population that we serve