Applications for Fall 2023 are now open! Courses will begin in September
Esperanza Health Centers is incredibly proud to be partnering with the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement (NIMAA), a recognized medical assistant training program, to provide opportunities for medical assistant training in our community.
Through this program, Esperanza hosts twenty (20) students to become MAs per year: Ten (10) students in the spring cohort and ten (10) students in the fall cohort. Student spots are open to anyone who is interested in becoming a medical assistant and has an interest in and understanding of the health challenges facing our communities on the Southwest side. It is our hope that once the students complete their training, they will stay and join our Esperanza family and become part of our award-winning team.
Traditional MA training can be expensive and not always affordable which is why Esperanza will cover tuition and fees for all twenty students if they continue with Esperanza after their program. Any applicant would need to meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Must possess an ID showing residency in Illinois
- Student must be 18 years of age by program completion date
- Student must possess a HS diploma, GED, or other equivalency certificate
- Student must be proficient in verbal and written English
- Student must be bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Student must show proof of immunizations (Td/Tdap, Chicken pox, MMR, Flu, PPD/BAMT, and COVID-19)
- Not required but highly recommended that student have regular access to computer and internet
- If offer is made, student will need to submit to a background check conducted by NIMAA
The NIMAA program runs for 29 weeks or about eight months. Students who successfully complete the course will have the opportunity to sit for an MA exam of their choice. Visit NIMAA's application webpage and review the most frequently asked questions.
We’re very excited to bring this innovative program to Esperanza and the communities we serve. We look forward to getting your application!
Any issues or questions about the application can be directed to NIMAA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions about the NIMAA program at Esperanza Health Centers can be directed to email@example.com.